We’re just days away from WordCamp Denver 2016!
Organizers are in the final stretch of bringing it all together, including great speakers, amazing sponsors, a terrific venue, and details on all the conference happenings. We have an exciting line-up of information for all things WordPress and there will be plenty of sponsor booths with lots of swag. Did we mention that we’re sold out?!
We’re trying several new things this year we think you’ll be really excited about.
- The schedule has five town hall-style sessions covering topics like eCommerce, growth & marketing, development, business, and community organizing. These provide a great opportunity to get answers from the experts to any burning questions you might have. Click on the session titles in the schedule to find out more.
- On Sunday we’re debuting a special, conference-wide networking event called Social Sidebar: Hallway Track to the Max. It is an extension on the “hallway track” concept in providing an open forum to meet and interact with other attendees in our local WordPress community. All of our speakers, volunteers, and organizers will also be there.
Back by Popular Demand
We wouldn’t be WordCamp Denver without our traditions. And this year we’re following up on that promise by bringing back CritiquePress, the real-time website critique session as well as the Community Help Lounge where you can get expert WordPress help and advice.
Party on Garth
In a city known for craft beers, we’ve decided to offer an after party with a twist – Stem Ciders. It’ll be a chance to partake of some of Denver’s RiNo nightlife, whether you’re a drinker or not. The party starts Saturday at 7:00 p.m. and it’s a great chance to talk shop or not, make new friends, and enjoy some of their incredible ciders. No, really! Ciders!
- If you’ll be driving to the conference on Saturday and Sunday, there is valet parking at the hotel but it’s pretty expensive ($20/day) so we recommend either parking nearby on campus or taking public transportation to the hotel.
- Important reminder: Daylight Saving Time ends on Sunday at 2:00 a.m., so make sure you set your clocks back one hour. Or at least hope your phone does it for you. You never know …
- Also, we’re very excited about the official WordCamp Denver swag this year, and we hope you’ll find it as useful (and awesome) as we do.
We’ll see you Saturday morning. Registration opens at 8:00 a.m.!
Your WordCamp Denver organizers: Amber, Barbara, Corrinda, Drew, Gordon, Jeremy, Leah, and Patrick.