In our series of town-hall style sessions, we’re excited to bring back CritiquePress this year – a hybrid town-hall / panel discussion. Meg Delagrange and Sonja Leix are excited to give the audience valuable real-time feedback for designs the audience has submitted in advance.
The design critique of each website is based on the following categories: User Flow, Storytelling, Layout, and Accessibility. After the critique, attendees can ask questions related to the reviews or the topic in general.
Here are some additional resources Meg and Sonja have put together for you:
Design & User Experience
- Design Principles: Introduction To Hierarchy
- Web UI Design Best Practices (free eBook)
- Design for Real Life (ebook)
- Responsive Design: Patterns & Principles (ebook)
- Why aren’t you asking Questions?
- Just Enough Research (ebook)
- The Design of Everyday Things (book – a UX classic!)
- WordPress Theme Handbook – Accessibility
- Useful WordPress Accessibility Tools
- 7 Things Every Designer Needs to Know about Accessibility – Smashing Mag
- Wave – Web Accessibility Testing Tool
- Color contrast checker
- WordPress community for resources: wa11y.org
- Plugin to improve accessibility
- Colorsafe – Accessible color palettes
- Inclusive Design Patterns (ebook)